RAA Cross Country News
The RAA Cross Country Program is open to all of our area youth from grades 3-6. We do NOT limit participation in our program to only Oakmont and Verona residents.
Cross Country Divisions
Cross Country Information
- Roughly 4-6 races per season
- The races are a blast and only last about 10-15 minutes, however big races are half day events. Please plan to spend 3+ hours on race day.
- Dates and Times To Be Determined
- Most races are Sundays. A few on Saturdays.
- Locations: Frick Park, Schenley Park, Riverside Park in Oakmont, and more.
- Parents must arrange transportation to all races and practices.
Overview message about this specific devision goes right here.
- NEED BULLETS
- Position names and locations
- Basic fielder assignments
- Base running basics
- Batter's box orientation
- Batting stance/grip
- Direct downward swing plane
- Basic catching zones
- Glove position (forehand/backhand/high/low)
- Fielding grounders
- Proper ball grip
- Proper throw
- Playing catch correctly